In case of damage
We are experts in transport insurance. This means that we can offer the best transport insurance protection for every customer, at every opportunity.
Personal service and fast claims settlement is a matter of course when any casualties occur.
- Inspect the goods and its packaging when received and check the quantity against what is stated in the freight document.
- Make remarks of visible damages, deficiencies, or losses in the freight document.
- N.B.! Never sign a clean freight document when there’s visible damages or losses.
- Inspect the goods immediately after receiving them in order to detect non-visible damages or losses.
- When goods arrive in a container, please inspect the container and its seal without delay.
NOTICE OF DAMAGE
When you have noticed damages or loss, do not sign the receipt, without making remarks to the carrier. The remark can be done either electronically or directly on the freight document. Regardless if the damage or loss is noted at the delivery or a later stage, please immediately write to the carrier and hold him responsible. Also inform your insurance company.
NOTIFY THE INSURANCE COMPANY
Report damages/losses without delay to:
Alandia Cargo Insurance
Phone +46 8 505 884 89
In case of urgent incidents that require immediate attention please call our claims handling service on phone:
+46 8 505 884 89
MINIMISE THE DAMAGE
Take necessary measures in order to minimise the extent of the damages in the best way possible. Store the packaging and the seal.
REPORT THE INCIDENT TO THE POLICE
In case the cargo has been subjected to fire, theft or some other form of criminal offence the incident must be reported to the police.
Fill in the form directly on our website.
Contact us or send your insurance claim via mail to:
Alandia Försäkring Abp
Vendevägen 85B, Plan 6,
182 91 Danderyd, Sweden