Emergency handling process
We focus on immediate action in order to protect people, the environment and property. At the initial critical phase, a number of actions are managed concurrently. Quick decision making is required in contacting the authorities and establishing lines of communication. Our situation room will be manned in accordance with our emergency response plan.
Our extensive experience in marine insurance ensures that we are thoroughly prepared to take the right course of action in emergency situations.
When reporting an emergency please have at hand:
- Name and IMO number of the vessel
- Date and time of the casualty
- Location (port or position)
- A brief description of the casualty
- Contact details for the ship
- Contact details for the ship management
- Contact details for the port
- Contact details for the agent
Download our Emergency Contact Sheet here: