Helsinki workshop – Creating a Trauma Informed Maritime Industry
Alandia, in conjunction with Seaways Psychology Services, warmly invites you to participate in this workshop on the 27th of September 2022 from 8.30 to 15.30 EEST at Clarion Hotel, Helsinki (Tyynenmerenkatu 2).
You will be provided with an interactive opportunity to learn about the effects of experiencing trauma at sea through industry and clinical perspectives and acquire tools to build a trauma-informed maritime workplace.
Take aways from the workshop will be:
- An understanding of what trauma is and its relevance and impact in maritime workplaces.
- Knowledge of the human stress response and its various effects.
- Tools for managing your own stress responses.
- Guidance on the principles of best practice after a critical incident.
- Information on helpful ways of supporting others in the aftermath of a traumatic incident and what to avoid.
- An awareness of the relationship between the human stress response, PTSD, and mental health difficulties.
- A practical toolkit to help you plan for greater awareness and recognition of trauma and more effective responses within your workplaces
We are pleased to offer you discount code EVENTS when booking your stay in Clarion Hotel Helsinki. Discount is 15% of the best available rate. You can make your room reservation easily online at https://www.nordicchoicehotels.com/. Type in discount code EVENTS below the date to get the reduced rate.
Registration with coffee and pastries
Keynote Speaker: Lena Marcus, Sea Personnel Manager at Viking Line
Critical incidents in the maritime industry
The Human Stress Response and Trauma
What works in managing own common reactions
Psychological first aid
When more support is needed
Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth
Building a trauma-informed maritime industry
Final thoughts and discussion
Dr. Rachel Glynn-Williams, Clinical Director, Seaways Psychological Services (UK)
Dr. Lesley Walker, Consultant Counselling Psychologist with Seaways Psychology Services (UK)