Copenhagen workshop – Creating a Trauma Informed Maritime Industry
Alandia, in conjunction with Seaways Psychology Services, warmly invites you to participate in this workshop on the 18th of April 2023 from 8.30 to 16.00 CEST at DFDS’s Headquarters located at the following address:
You will be provided with an interactive opportunity to learn about the effects of experiencing trauma at sea through industry and clinical perspectives and acquire tools to build a trauma-informed maritime workplace.
Take aways from the workshop will be:
- An understanding of what trauma is and its relevance and impact in maritime workplaces.
- Knowledge of the human stress response and its various effects.
- Tools for managing your own stress responses.
- Guidance on the principles of best practice after a critical incident.
- Information on helpful ways of supporting others in the aftermath of a traumatic incident and what to avoid.
- An awareness of the relationship between the human stress response, PTSD, and mental health difficulties.
- A practical toolkit to help you plan for greater awareness and recognition of trauma and more effective responses within your workplaces
We recommend the Comwell Portside Hotel for accommodation as it is within walking distance of the venue. You can make your room reservation easily online at comwell.com.
Registration & coffee
Keynote Speaker: Torben Carlsen, CEO of DFDS A/S
Critical incidents in the maritime industry
The Human Stress Response and Trauma
What works in managing own common reactions
Psychological first aid
When more support is needed
Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth
Guest Speaker; Getter Kaevandes, Van Ameyde Marine
Building a trauma-informed maritime industry
Final thoughts and discussion
Dr. Rachel Glynn-Williams, Clinical Director, Seaways Psychological Services (UK)
Dr. Lesley Walker, Consultant Counselling Psychologist with Seaways Psychology Services (UK)